Home » Blog » It’s Important to Practice Good Hygiene with Contact Lens
It’s Important to Practice Good Hygiene with Contact Lens
Posted by: Gainesville Eye Associates in Blog, Vision Care
Whether this is your first pair of contact lenses or you have worn them for many years, it’s important to have healthy contact lens hygiene habits. Good hygiene is the best way to reduce your chances of having a contact lens related eye problem.
Here are some healthy contact lens hygiene habits provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before touching your contact lenses.
- Do not sleep in contact lenses unless prescribed by your doctor.
- Keep water away from your contact lenses.
- Contact lenses should be removed before showering, swimming or using a hot tub.
- Replace your contact lenses as often as recommended by your eye doctor.
- Contact lens cases should be replaced every three months.
- You should rinse your contact lens case with contact lens solution, dry with a clean cloth, and store the case upside down with the caps off after each use.
- Always use fresh contact lens cleaning solution recommended by your eye doctor; do not mix old solution with new solution.
age-related eye disease allergic conjunctivitis allergies amd blog cataracts cataract surgery cataract symptoms cataract treatment catarcats diabetes diabetic retinopathy Diet dry eye dry eyes Eye Care eye exam eye health eye tips Gainesville Eye glaucoma injury prevention Macula Macular Degeneration news personal protective equipment ppe protect your eyes sports injuries Stress and Eye Care vision care women's eye health